Tuesday, July 27, 2010

From Ann Gribble

Joanna you and I go way back. Our friendship started in Greenbriar where we would spend many hot summer afternoons over at the pool solving one problem after another. Our girls played softball together and were together at Greenbriar East, Rocky Run and then those final four years at Chantilly High. All those fabulous memories will be considered the "GOOD OLD DAYS" for me. As the kids grew older we saw less of each other until one you came to Jermantown and it was good to see a face from my past come back into my life. We were able to pick up right where we left off.

You always taught the BIG kids and I taught the LITTLE kids. You were usually upstairs and I was downstairs. When I think of you at Jermantown I remember how you never had time to eat your lunch. At the end of the day your lunch was on your desk and very little of it was still edible. One would think you might be rushing home after school for a snack but that was not the case. You were always there to help the custodians lock up the school. I thought I spent a lot of hours at Jermantown but I am sure in my 31 years of teaching I never put in the hours that you did. You would have to love what you were doing to put those hours in. I am sure there are many kids out there that -if not now-will at some time appreciate what you did for them. Be proud of the job that you have done !!!!

But now you are entering a part of your life that is even better.........RETIREMENT.......Retirement means:

---you are not tired ALL the time

---you get to finish your lunch everyday

---you can relax at a red light because you are no longer in a hurry

But the best part is that those three granddaughters will now have a full time grandmother to enjoy and spoil them.

Enjoy your retirement---My mom, who was a 4th grade teacher, always said she never met an unhappy retired teacher. I am sure that you would not want to prove her wrong.

Ann Gribble

No comments:

Post a Comment